Among the biggest stars of esports, Yiliang Peter Peng occupies a special place. That truly talented American guy, a resident of California, has already proved to the whole world that a gaming hobby can not only bring monthly earnings but even put you on the Forbes list one day. What is needed for this? Nothing special – a natural gaming skill and an unbreakable love for this occupation.
Who is this unique Doublelift player?
Yiliang Peter Peng loved computer games from his earliest childhood. But those far days few people believed that for Yiliang, his occupation would grow into something really worthwhile in many years. Something that will become a source of staggering income. And only the older brother of Doublelift (this is the game nickname of Iliang Peter Pang) believed 100% that the guy should try himself in real esports. This American gambler fought League of Legends well, and there was no doubt – he was the best in that stuff.
It all started 10 years ago when Doublelift literally shook the entire esports environment with its bright and successful matches in the League of Legends game. At the same time, he decided to join Counter Logic Gaming. And, this action became the starting point for future international esports tournaments and high-profile victories. And now, for 10 years, American gamer Doublelift has no equal in the esports gaming community.
Yiliang Peter Peng has a brash and arrogant nature. He prefers to speak out about other players in a rather sarcastic and humiliating style. It is known that once he was even fired from one team precisely for his sharp and rude way of talking. But, as we can see, this did not affect the success of the guy in a professional sense.
How much does Yiliang Peter Peng really earn on the game? The approximate amount of income that some Internet resources call for is about 300 000 US$. But this is only an official figure. Obviously, in fact, the player’s fees are much higher. After all, it is known that at the moment the annual contract with Doublelift exceeds 200,000 US dollars. And this does not take into account the profit that Yiliang Peter Peng receives from streaming!
An American gamer played for Team Liquid some time ago. Now he is back on the side of Team SoloMid. In general, Yiliang Peter Peng has worked in such teams as Team Curse, Counter Logic Gaming, Epic Gamer, Team SoloMid, and Team Liquid.
Against the background of professional success, Doublift’s personal life does not look as successful. So, in March 2018, a terrible event happened in the family of Yiliang Peter Peng – his younger brother killed the mother. Also, the gamer’s father was injured during the attack but he luckily managed to survive. Of course, these events have left an imprint on the emotional state of Doublelift.
But the gamer managed to separate personal tragedy and work. This can be seen from the circumstances that his team Team Liquid, even in these difficult times for Yiliang, continued to win esports matches in 2018-2019.
Relationships with his beloved also caused some issues for the professional life of the American player. In 2019, Doublelift moved to the TSM team. Here he met his beloved – Lin Xu, who at that time headed TSM. Their relationship caused a mixed reaction from others. Some individuals even accused Doublelift of specifically refusing to work for Team Liquid.
The brightest achievements of Doublelift
Despite the young age, Doublelift is considered a true veteran of LCS in the world of esports. Here are just some of his victories at the League of Legends championships:
- 2013. Doublelift took part in the major NA LCS 2013 spring split. The player participated there as a part of the CLG team, which defeated Azure Cats with a score of 3:0.
- 2015. The CLG team showed high results in the spring split of 2015. Doublelift did everything possible to lead the team to first place. Thus, CLG won 3-0 to claim the NA LCS trophy. Immediately after this match, they received an invitation to the 2015 World Cup.
- 2017. Although Doublelift was a gaming streamer throughout most of the 2017 NA LCS spring split, he made a decision to join Team Liquid at the end of 2017. After helping the team increase their performance, Yiliang Peter Peng back to Team SoloMid in the summer. After that Rift Rival was launched, where Doublelift performed as part of TSM. In the tournament, TSM professional gamers defeated the Unicorns of Love in the final.
- 2018. The most successful Doublelift fighting ended this year with a victory in the nomination “Esports PC Player of the Year”. Yiliang Peter Peng took third place among the applicants.
- 2019. That year, Yiliang Peter Peng went beyond the competitions of a group stage and took part in international esports events.
- 2020. Doublelift became the first player to commit 1,500 kills during the LCS in March 2020. Those days, American gambler killed KUMO, the top leiner of Evil Geniuses during the LCS 2020 spring split.
In November 2020, Doublelift made a statement on Twitter that he was retiring from the professional League of Legends.