Dota 2 ranks among the games that have achieved phenomenal popularity in the eSports betting industry.
- An exciting, high-quality, spectacular game.
- Interesting gameplay, saving the advantages of the first version of the game.
- A good engine, a wide opportunity to change the gameplay for yourself (buttons, hero templates).
- Difficult training.
Which Dota 2 Gambling Sites Are the Best?
Dota 2 betting can be an amazing experience adding more excitement to viewing matches and online tournaments. Based on the mod for Warcraft III, this multiplayer game has garnered huge attention from players, bettors, and bookmakers around the world. Today there are many Dota 2 markets providing excellent opportunities for the eSports betting enthusiast.
* Bet on any discipline – and get 10% cashback up to $160!
80 Free Spins
1 for every $1 deposit
1 Free Spin credited for every $1 deposit. Up to 80 Free Spins valued at $0.10 each on Book.
Dota 2 Betting – Everything You Need to Know
To be successful in Dota 2 betting, you need to develop your own strategy. However, if you are new to this title, you need to watch as many online matches and tournaments as possible. In this way, you will gradually improve your understanding of the game as well as your awareness of the betting markets. By watching Dota 2 matches, you will understand the format of the game and the different strategies. With the accumulated knowledge, you will improve your strategy and learn how to make informed betting decisions. So, in order to get the best knowledge about tournaments and other events, as well as to find out such important aspects of Dota 2 as the player role (carry player, support player, disable player, and others), you need to be more involved in the game.
How is Competitive Dota 2 Played?
The history of competitive Dota dates back to 2004. With the seemingly simple task of destroying the enemy’s Ancient building before they do the same, this game has formed a huge community of Dota 2 enthusiasts around the world. To win the game, a team must have the most resources such as gold or XP or use thoughtful tactics to surpass opponents.
Competitive Dota features matches played between teams of 5 players. Each team has its own base to defend throughout the game. Collecting various items and getting XP, the heroes raise their skills to successfully fight against the rivals. Considering that Dota 2 is one of the most thoughtful MOBA games, it opens up wide opportunities for bookmakers accepting various types of bets – from Totals to Map betting and Kills advantage. Considering the sheer number of players and teams, this game is the highest-paid eSports in the world.
Three Reasons Why Dota 2 Betting is So Exciting?
Since Dota 2 is the highest-paying eSports sport, this industry attracts a tremendous investment. However, there are several other reasons why Dota 2 betting is such an appealing activity – check them out below.
1. Backing the Best Dota Teams
Since we are dealing with team eSports, you have a great opportunity to observe the actions of teams and individual players. Regardless of whether you decide to bet on Team Secret or TNC Predator, you can enjoy what is happening on the screen while making excellent profits.
2. Being Involved in Dota 2 Tournaments
With around 25 major events annually, Dota 2 tournaments create a competitive environment where many outstanding teams compete for massive prize pools. Although, as a bettor, you won’t be able to compete for six-figure royalties, you have a great chance of getting your piece of this mouth-watering pie.
3. Huge Number of Markets with Multiple Odds
As the Dota 2 community continues to grow and develop, an increasing number of bookmakers are incorporating this discipline into their betting lines. Below in this article, you can find information on how various sportsbooks rank players and teams in order to choose the best betting options.
How to Benefit from Knowing the Game
As a Dota 2 enthusiast, you can not only enjoy the gameplay or watching the game action, but also bet on it. However, if you want to succeed in Dota 2 betting, you must understand the game and its various aspects.
Explore All Key Aspects of Dota 2 Gambling
Although this game is often criticized for its complexity, it is very thoughtful. Moreover, it makes it a great option for eSports betting. So, here’s what you need to know to succeed:
- Explore the features of the event and the teams participating in it.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of each player on the team you are betting on.
- Learn the statistics of past competitions to know, for example, who was the best Dota player 2020.
- Find out what role each player on the team plays. For example, the team you are betting on can boast of having the best carry player Dota 2 in it.
- Find out what the players’ motivation is and what kind of condition they are in at the moment.
The more statistics you have, the better your chances of placing a winning bet.
Options Available to Bet On
With many Dota 2 events held annually, The International, a tournament hosted by Valve, is the most popular one. As for the Dota Pro Circuit, Valve-sponsored competitions where teams award points, they attract the attention of the entire Dota 2 community. In addition, there are many other smaller events with many good odds offered by sportsbooks.
Markets Offered by Sportsbooks
Bettors have access to a huge number of Dota 2 markets with bookmaker websites providing the best gambling experience. In simple terms, betting markets are the various betting options offered by sportsbooks.
So, no matter which team you consider to be the favorite of the current event, you always have a huge selection of betting variants.
Major Dota 2 Betting Markets
As betting on eSports and Dota 2 in particular grows, bookmakers are expanding the list of available betting options by adding specific bets that take into account some specialized aspects of the game. Now, there are ample opportunities available to you like a bet on first blood or on the side that will destroy the first barracks. So, here are the main betting markets offered by good eSports websites:
- Result of the match. Just pick your favorite and bet on it to win. Please note that matches use Bo1, Bo3, or Bo5 format with the winner going through a maximum of 1, 3, or 5 games, maps or rounds. This format has a lot in common with the format of tennis competition. Less common are matches using the Bo2 format. When placing a bet, keep in mind that the match may end in a draw.
- Map handicap bet. As in ordinary sports, Dota 2 competitions are held with the participation of both very strong teams and obvious underdogs. So, if one of the teams is significantly stronger than its opponent, a handicap bet is what you need. For example, if you choose a 2.5 map handicap bet, it means that you believe the number one team will win the match with a score of 3:0 or better. You will find many handicap betting options on the best betting websites. Keep in mind that when choosing the odds you need to consider the format of the match.
- A bet on the winner of the tournament. Available before the event starts, this rather risky bet allows you to pick your favorite for the tournament. Given the presence of many unknown players and teams, things might not go as expected. Alternatively, you can bet on whoever gets to the final of the tournament.
- A bet on tournament statistics. Also available before the event starts, it allows you to predict some statistical results such as the most picked/banned heroes, the most killing player or the hero who earned the most gold in a given amount of time.
- A bet on certain achievements of a player/team. This market includes several specific bets such as Race to Kill, First Blood, and First Roshan. So, seeing that the team has chosen early-game heroes like Oracle or Viper, Race to Kill bet is what you need as they are able to destroy opponents quickly. With Oracle and Tiny, real killing machines grounded early in the game, you have a good chance of your First Blood bet playing out. If you see that Ursa has been picked, the First Roshan bet would probably be a great option as this hero is capable of causing incredible damage to neutral camps and creeps.
While there are many other special bets available, you should start with simple ones to get comfortable with the game.
Who Can You Bet On?
So now that you know about the available betting markets, it’s time to figure out who to bet on. We recommend that you check the player ratings to find out who is the best Dota player 2021. Although there are millions of registered Dota 2 players, you must choose the best for your bets to win.
Focusing on the Best Players
Since the game of Dota 2 betting newbies resembles the lottery, sportsbooks strive to minimize risks by offering bets on the best players. So, many successful teams are backed by such strong players as Mantumbaman, SoNNeikO, Universe, and some others. However, in order to choose the best bet, you must understand the roles of the players. For example, knowing who is the best carry player Dota 2, you can determine the team with the best winning odds. In addition, it is important to find out who is the best support player Dota 2, since he is able to restore health even for a carry player. So, no matter who your favorite is, you should keep track of the player ratings in order to make reasonable bets.
3 Reasons Why You Need to Try Dota 2 Betting Right Now
So, Dota 2 can be an exciting pastime even if you are not a registered player. Instead, you can dive into the world of eSports betting while capitalizing on the key features of this title. So, here are some reasons why you should try Dota 2 betting right now:
- It is an exciting experience with the opportunity to make good profits. Watching the tournament and individual matches, you will find that what is happening on the screen becomes much more intriguing and interesting if you place a bet.
- Excellent conditions for Dota2 bettors offered by sportsbooks. As eSports betting becomes more popular year after year, bookmakers offer great odds on most events as well as generous bonuses for new and returning bettors.
- Bookmakers add new titles from year to year. If you don’t like Dota 2 or if you are already tired of this game, you can choose from many other disciplines for betting on them such as Overwatch, CS: GO and many others.
Given that the eSports betting industry is growing at a fast pace, you always have the opportunity to place a profitable bet with high winning odds.
Regular Dota 2 Tournaments
With a multitude of matches and tournaments taking place daily, Dota 2 has become a ubiquitous phenomenon. This means that you can place a bet literally at any time of the day or night. Thanks to advanced internet technologies and a variety of sportsbooks, you can enjoy Dota 2 betting from any location.
Here are a few major Dota 2 events that grab the attention of most eSports betting enthusiasts around the world:
- The International, the largest event held by Valve every year. There are 16 teams participating in each tournament, some of which get access through direct invite, while the rest get their chance through regional qualifiers. As for the Dota Pro Circuit, this scoring system has been in effect since 2017.
- The Boston Major is another major event that boasts a six-figure prize pool. Organized by Valve in cooperation with PGL, it is the first to have a single-elimination bracket. While all matches in the tournament use the Bo3 format, the grand final is played in the Bo5 format.
- ESL One Fall 2021. Hosting teams from Europe and CIS, this tournament is held in three stages – group stage, playoffs, and grand final where the strongest participant is determined. With 12 teams in total, ESL One Fall 2021 invited 10 teams, while the remaining 2 were selected from the closed qualifier.
In addition, there are many smaller Dota 2 tournaments with prize pools ranging from tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, and these are also available for betting on major sportsbook websites.
Main Differences Between Dota 2 Betting and Traditional Sports Betting
Obviously, betting on Sports and eSports are not the same due to the different nature of these areas. Therefore, before diving headlong into eSports, you need to find out what are the main differences from traditional sports betting.
Know the Key Difference
While soccer is the most popular sport with the best odds on offer, the rest of the sports are far worse off. Unlike football, Dota 2, with its new teams and players, has an element of unpredictability that turns Dota 2 betting into a kind of gambling that can be much more profitable for bettors. So, as a beginner, you can consider Dota 2 betting as a leap into the unknown, adding even more excitement to watching matches and tournaments and giving you excellent winning odds.
Dota 2 Betting Tips
We are here to give you some helpful tips to help you become a more winning Dota 2 bettor – check them below.
Know the Markets
If you’re a beginner, simple markets such as betting on the match outcome may be your best bet, but not the most exciting. As you deepen your understanding of the game, you will find that there are many other more promising betting markets, such as bets on in-game events (First Blood, First Roshan, and others).
Since most bookies only provide odds on the main matches, it doesn’t hurt to do a little research to find websites that offer a wide variety of betting options as well as lucrative bonuses for new and loyal players.
Use Optimal Betting Strategies
Although there is a certain element of unpredictability in Dota 2 betting, understanding the game, you will find scenarios where your bet will pay off with a high probability. For example, using a certain combination of heroes, the team can put serious pressure on the opponent at the very beginning of the game. In this case, your First Blood or First Roshan bets may be winning. Since Dota 2 is no longer something new, there are many smart betting strategies that can help you succeed.
As the Dota 2 community continues to develop, new patches, teams and players appear literally every day, and all this significantly affects the outcome of certain matches and competitions. So, in order to get the best results, you must be aware of everything that is happening. Read community news, share your experience with players and bettors so that not a single important event passes by you.
Last but not least, you have to work on your bankroll management. While Dota 2 betting can be very profitable, make sure you do it for fun first. So don’t play with borrowed money, limit your budget, and generally gamble responsibly.